May 31, 2016 - Intruder

I got home. It was dark out. I was on the phone with Joshua. I was just about to put my key in the door when I noticed that the back door was open, as if someone had just left and hadn’t closed the door behind them.
I put my back against the house, next to the door, trying to not be seen. I listened. I heard the rustling of leaves and footsteps in the woods next door. I wanted to tell Joshua, or to scream for help, but I didn’t want to make my presence known.
I was afraid to go inside because what if there are more than one of them? I was afraid to call for help. I was afraid to stay there. I started creeping west towards my neighbor’s, but she wasn’t home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 27, 2012 - Short and Blonde

March 25, 2018 - My Name is Evelyn

Eggs